When we relocated to our apartment on the South Side, one of the most exciting things about our new living situation was the 1.5 baths...finally eliminating the age-old questions of who gets to pee first after a long car ride home. But when we first moved in September, there were a couple of problems:
- The powder room looked something more like an unorganized janitor's closet and...
- Neither the toilet nor the sink were functional.
Now, there are pros and cons of living in your architect uncle's rental property...
- Pro - Rent is cheap!
- Con - He doesn't have time to finish it this week...
- Pro - He knows how to do things like fix toilets and sinks.
- Con - He doesn't have the right parts on hand to finish the job...
- Pro - I don't mind seeing him when he has to come over three weekends in a row.
- Con - No? Still not fixed?!?
- Pro - Bruce and Alfred are getting a lot of practice having "guests" in the house.
- Con - 6 weeks later...
And we finally have a working toilet and sink! Huzzah!
Once everything was in working in order, I could not wait to get my redecorating hands on that itty bitty space. A couple coats of paint, some additional storage, and a Puerto Rican street scape later and we couldn't be happier!
Not to mention the freedom to pee whenever we choose. :) Happy Election Day!